RVF + VFR400 colour codes & models from parts books

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
JZH
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: RSCBRRVFVFRST
Re: VFR400 Parts book Identities pages, colour codes & model

Post by JZH » Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:29 pm

JZH wrote:
jay3 wrote:The text in the top left hand corner says
車体色は印刷のため実物と多少異なる場合があります。

and means

Due to the printing, its the case that the bike colour is a little unsual.

in the Last scan someone has scrubed out フォトNo 7 and written in Type 8, フォト means Photo. There is no mention of any "type" in any of these scans. In that group of photos it really is No7.

the Seed one says シードシルバーメタリック -shiido shirubaa metarikku Seed Silver Metalic
The idea of someone "correcting" the Honda Parts Catalogue is a bit strange! Based on what, exactly? :?

AFAIK, the "No." designation is the same as "Type", but I'm happy to be proven wrong.

Ciao,
Er, actually, I was wrong. I proved it myself at some point a few months ago... "Type" and "No." in the parts catalogues are not the same thing, although they usually are. I still have no idea what the technical difference is, but I do know they are not always the same.

Ciao,
JZH

London, UK/So.Cal., USA
www.vsource.org

TastyNC30
Settled in member
Reactions:
Re: RVF + VFR400 colour codes & models from parts books

Post by TastyNC30 » Wed Feb 04, 2015 1:48 am

Hi

Looking at refreshing my paint,

Can anyone tell me the paint codes for the VFR400R NH-196 (NO.1)

Thanks

Chris

jim157
Admin NWAA
Admin NWAA
Reactions:
Bike owned: A few small ones

Post by jim157 » Wed Feb 04, 2015 7:09 pm

TastyNC30 wrote:Hi

Looking at refreshing my paint,

Can anyone tell me the paint codes for the VFR400R NH-196 (NO.1)

Thanks

Chris

They're all listed in the paint codes sticky.

LINK
AUTOEXEC.TWAT

Gnetti2
One Hit Wonder
Reactions:

Post by Gnetti2 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:07 pm

Help. I am trying to find the model year and date of manufacture for a RVF400 NC35 that I recently purchased and am trying to import from Japan. The VIN is NC3510006xx. In Japan, they don’t register them by model year, but US customs needs a model year and date of manufacture. It appears to be an early version bike, but 94 or 95? How would I go about establishing the manufacture date? Thank you. This is a great forum and very helpful.

JZH
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: RSCBRRVFVFRST

Post by JZH » Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:49 am

Don't expect much help from Honda in Japan or American Honda, but if you can find a contact, you might get lucky.

According to the Honda Parts Catalogue, NC3510006x would have been an RR (1994) model. NC3511000x would have been an RT (1996) model. There were no other NC35 model years. But that's just the model year (the year the bike would have met the relevant regulations). No one but Honda will be able to tell you the actual manufacturing date, unfortunately--but it's also not very relevant so a bit of a nonsense thing to ask for.

It also depends on what knowledge the government inspector has already. If they don't understand the significance of the model year designations used by Honda (which are the same as those specified in the US VIN regulations) I don't know how you would convince them of even the bike's model year, because it is not spelled out in big lettering anywhere on the bike. So they would already have to know what the "R" (or "T") meant. Good luck.

Ciao,

JZH
JZH

London, UK/So.Cal., USA
www.vsource.org