Exhaust question

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
The_Doctor
Settled in member
Reactions:
Exhaust question

Post by The_Doctor » Mon May 05, 2008 2:31 pm

Hi all....ive asked this question before on the old forum but didnt get any replies so here goes again...

what end cans will fit an nc30? they look pretty universal and ive read on here before (not sure which topic) that someone had put a can from another bike on thier nc, iirc it was one from a bike that had the exhaust exit on the other side and the person was able to buy a slightly scuffed one and fit it to the nc on the other side so the scuffs faced the wheel, bargin solution!

i want to know which ones will fit straight on or with a little persuasion so i can keep my eye out for a nice one at good money. being able to look out for other models and not just nc30 ones widens the choice and will give me a better chance at getting a bargin!

thanks in advance!

fastdruid
Reactions:
Re: Exhaust question

Post by fastdruid » Mon May 05, 2008 4:45 pm

The trouble with the NC30 is that the collector and silencer is one piece you either have to cut the pipe or fit a full system, as such nothing is simple to fit. :/

If you have already cut it and it is fitted with a link pipe and aftermarket can already then there are loads of pipes that should fit, simply measure the external diameter of the link pipe where it goes into the silencer. Then when you have that you can fairly easily look up what other cans should fit or ask any seller what it is.

Druid

The_Doctor
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by The_Doctor » Mon May 05, 2008 5:27 pm

Thanks yeah mine is already cut, i have an art can at the moment but its looking a bit tatty so looking to replace it, is there much difference between exhaust diameters? i thought they would be pretty similar.

do the diameters of the actual can vary that much too? as this will affect the strap etc...

fastdruid
Reactions:

Post by fastdruid » Mon May 05, 2008 6:32 pm

For ease of making most are pretty similar, around 50-52mm into the silencer IIRC. While the external dia of the silencer itself may vary between makes most of them come with their own strap anyway. Those that dont you can get the straps pretty easily.

Druid

The_Doctor
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by The_Doctor » Tue May 06, 2008 8:09 am

cheers druid i will have to get my measuring stick out and take a trip to the next auto jumble...