The beast lives , my NC30 with a VFR750 engine on the Dyno

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
ibby4585
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: SP's
Re: The beast lives , my NC30 with a VFR750 engine on the Dy

Post by ibby4585 » Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:45 pm

I'm really into this thread and conversion, like you said Dave this could be an affordable solution to an RC30 replica!

Kris

kostritzer
Settled in member
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC30 track bike

Post by kostritzer » Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:47 pm

Hey Mike, just a quick question for you. Have you guys ever done any engine development with the 5th generation VFR800 engine? I know its a close cousin to the RC45 engine in many ways, what would it take to get a set of decent cams made for it?

arsey30
Reactions:
Bike owned: ftr223 650 bros

Post by arsey30 » Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:34 pm

Mike bought the bike already converted, he is not into development work.

Dave.

kostritzer
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by kostritzer » Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:39 pm

arsey30 wrote:Mike bought the bike already converted, he is not into development work.

Dave.
I was actually directing the question to Mike Norman of G-force, sorry for the confusion.

arsey30
Reactions:
Bike owned: ftr223 650 bros

Post by arsey30 » Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:47 pm

OK, good luck with your enquiry

Dave. Just a bystander.

kostritzer
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by kostritzer » Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:05 pm

arsey30 wrote:OK, good luck with your enquiry

Dave. Just a bystander.
No problem. I was just thinking that the 5th gen VFR engine would also be a good candidate as its supposed to be narrower, you would probably have to lob off the swing arm pivot though.

hollo
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by hollo » Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:19 pm

Hello ,
Sorry there is no build thread to my NC30/750 , as I brought it pretty much as it is now , but got it finished off , as I've explained earlier in this thread . I've posted all the pictures of the bodywork off I have .
From my admittedly limited knowledge it seems to be a bike of 2 extreams where some of the work on it is top class , like the welding on the frame for the front engine mounts ( it's so good I thought that it was original ) , and the front and rear end conversions also look factory finished , however other finishing off on the bike left a little to be desired . Such as woodwork screws holding the fairing together , the choke not working , the airbox not sealing and no front brake switch fitted and I could go on.
From my short dealings with the bloke who built it , I got the impression that he farmed out as much of the work as he could and then he chucked it altogether with not the best skills in the world , that's why it took me a while to get it all finished . Having said that i've just tried to go for a blast today and the bastard thing will not start and I've drained the battery - ow , the joys of 'specials'
Cheers
Mike

Guerrero
Settled in member
Reactions:
Bike owned: VFR400

Post by Guerrero » Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:58 am

g-force performance wrote:
Guerrero wrote:Hi Mike,
I've been in your page and if I have the money you will be getting phone calls from me all the time... however I would like to visit your shop, I'll be in San Diego next week, and I'll be riding with Fastrackriders at Fontana the 30th of this month.
How does the little NC30/NC35 takes the huge increase in power? how about suspension?
I'm new to the smaller bikes (I actually have a 6hr endurance race Sunday in a CBR250RR), but I've always had 600s and liter bikes, missed the power...
Guerrero:

We're going to just miss each other. I live just North of San Diego (Orange County) but my shop is in San Jose about 400 miles North of here. I will be at a track day on Sunday the 31st at Buttonwillow and we will have the 450 there if you wish to see it (it's really ugly after a season af hard racing....and crashing). Buttonwillow is about 2 hour drive North of Fontana. Which Sunday is your endurance race? Hopefully you can make it.

Mike Norman
G-Force Engine Development
I was very close to sign up with the track club to go to Buttonwillow (my favorite track) but most of my friends were going to Fontana... I don't care how the bike looks, I just care how it performs... unfortunately I won't be able to make it on Sunday. The race was this Sunday, our team did well (started 19th, finished 6th), we had a blast, our CBR is stock with only a slip on, jajaja.

Any issues running 90+ whp on the rvf?

force-v4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: Far too many now!

Post by force-v4 » Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:45 pm

I managed to have a good old look @ this bike when it spent a bit of time @ BRM. i see the inside of the petrol tank! wow, what a way to get it all in - top marks. hope its all going well - i like the effort thats gone in.

hannakournikova
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC30, NC35 & SP2

Post by hannakournikova » Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:03 pm

abrmoto wrote:Nice artical about this bike in RC30 Owners club mag this month, missed this on ebay when was on, wanted it but was short of coin at time, shame, really like it.
could you scan it Aly?