"new" guy looking some help and advice. nc29.

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
royster81
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: VFR400R-L NC30 CBR400RR-R NC29
"new" guy looking some help and advice. nc29.

Post by royster81 » Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:28 am

fella's,
i'm looking some adivce on how a few parts are fitted and some help trying to figure out what loom/switch gear/headlight assembly i have.

first off i need some advice on how the rubber heat shield flap fits above the rad and coils. i have it roughly in place but can't see for the life of me how it fits to the frame. if anyone has a picture of how it fits inside the frame and how it attaches to the headstock area that would be great if not i'll get some pictures of him and you can tell me where i'm going wrong.

next is the lights, did they change the headlights on the cbr's (29's) and go from having side light to having no sidelights but using the indicators as running lights ? i have headlights with sidelights but no where on the loom to plug them in and my indicators on the loom have 3 plugs so i take it they are like the RVF and are used as running lights and flash off to indicate. and the swtich gear i have has no light control, ie i can't turn the lights off which makes me think the headlights are to stay on all the time hence no need for sidelights.

after this is the fan.if this loom is off a late cbr ie 94 or something ,did they use a different fan, the fan i have has a plug with 3 pins, the loom on the bike has a plug with 2 pins. i'm sure i can get the fan to plug into the loom with a little thought but would just like to know what i have before i go making thing work that aren't meant to.

and how does the seat latch go together, i have one spring,two metal levers and it'll stay closed but won't spring shut if i open it.pictures of hat is a great help.

pictures to follow guys
cheers for any help you can give.
It's not having what you want but wanting what you've got....Loud ,Proud and Modified ....

chrisja2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: nc29 trackbike
Re: "new" guy looking some help and advice. nc29.

Post by chrisja2 » Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:36 pm

I think you might be right in thinking the loom is wrong for your model 29 Rhory.I know my side lights dont stay on. Can take photos of my road bike if you can hang on a little while as regards to the shield and catch. Gonna be busy getting my track bike ready for Rockingham on saturday over the next few days but will try and take some piccies, unless someone beats me to it!

Chris

LUCAS
Settled in member
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC29 and NC35

Post by LUCAS » Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:07 pm

I was hoping to finish fitting my race bodywork (fingers crossed) tomorrow. I only have the seat unit to do so i can take some photos of the latch arrangement for you when i do that. I remember when i had my sub frame powder coated and tried putting that latch back together if was a right pain. It took about 20 to 30 minutes to do it lol.

That rubber cover i too couldn't get to sit properly and lost my patience lol. It went into the bin :grin: Have had no problems with the bike since

cbr400rrn
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC29 CBR600F

Post by cbr400rrn » Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:19 pm

Sorry but thats the best picture of the seat lock i have left from when i pulled mine apart.

As for the heat shield it hooks on top of two lugs on the radiator then its just a case of trial and error im afraid but these may hopefully help

royster81
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by royster81 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:42 am

cheers for the replies guys,

it looks like i have the latch on properly now, but i think i have the wrong bolt,with i use the latch i can see the bolt undoing,if i tighten it up the latch doesn't move freely .... oh the joys of it all....

cheers for the pictures of the rubber flap. it looks like i got it right around the piping on top of the head but i was aware it hooked onto the rad, i thought it maybe clipped into the frame at the headstock,sure what do i know !!.

i'll get back to that tonight,cbr400rrn,cheers for the pictures but can i be a royal PITA and ask for one from the front over looking the top of the rad and where the rubber hooks onto it please,my rad has been lowered for ramair at once stage (which it now doesn't have) so it's down about 20mm, are the rads meant to do on brackets or tight to the frame ?

sorry for all the stubid ass questions but i'm new to the IL4 thing, V4's i could bore you to death but this is just a different game to me.
It's not having what you want but wanting what you've got....Loud ,Proud and Modified ....

leopard_pagan
Reactions:
Bike owned: CBR400/600 Fighter

Post by leopard_pagan » Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:15 pm

lol @ new guy.
it sounds like you have a "USA" type headlight system.. always on when you switch on the ignition.
i know of one person on here who has a bike like this, he posted in the HID ballast thread.

CMSMJ1
Moderators
Moderators
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC30-No9

Post by CMSMJ1 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:20 pm

royster81 wrote: i'm new to the IL4 thing, V4's are the way and the light but this is just a different game to me.

*traitor* :cunt: :tits:

edited that for you mate...but what are you doing in here? They are strange in this end of he forum..cheap plugs, easy to access carbs and engines...a howling sound with revs!

Saying that, I took a 23 out a while back and it was wicked..in it's own way :ninja:
IMPERATOR REX ANGLORUM

The V4 is the law..

NC30 - No9 - my old mate

royster81
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by royster81 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:23 pm

Cheers for the edit there mark. It was early in the morning when i wrote that so knew i'd get something wrong.
Yes you are right i have defected and traded my trackbike for a 29 off a member of this forum. I feared since moving to the dark side i would no longer be welcome in the V4 section and your post has clarified my worst fears. Brother i have found a new home with new friends so your can keep your er9eh's and your droning exhaust i have seen the light with 17's as standard and screaming engines and skyhigh rev bands.
Cheers for the reply lp so they did change the wiring at some stage, what else changed then?
I know my rad fan is from the other model as the plug and wiring is different but what else and when did they change it?
Oh has anyone get the two stock rad bracket for sale cheap?
Rhory the V4 traitor!

leopard_pagan
Reactions:
Bike owned: CBR400/600 Fighter

Post by leopard_pagan » Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:10 pm

PM Durka Durka, hes the one with a similar (sounds like) loom to whats on yours.
he maybe able to shed light on what plug goes where

royster81
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by royster81 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:32 pm

cheers LP i'll send him a PM shortly.

there isn't much to do to it to get it sorted but i'd just like to know really.

going to attack this heat shield tonight while americas next top model is on, wish me luck !