NC29 Jetting guide needed

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
Davez29
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC29 forever
Re: NC29 Jetting guide needed

Post by Davez29 » Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:35 pm

I know this was asking for a jetting guide, but just an update on my jetting shinannigans for anyone interested. I installed the 107.5s and the bike seems to like these, it appears to me on a short 1 hour run, no bogging low down with only a smidge sometimes at a steady 2-1/2 thou, so maybe I need to go up one more size (110?) just to finish it off. Also the bike pullls cleanly right through the rev range getting stronger with no apparent holes and a very clean uptake. The best its run since I put this new system on. I might go to my local bike meet at Nissan tomorrow, where I have heard theres one of them Dyno rolling road thingys.. see if Im getting things right now. Ohh its also starting much better now, touch wood.

LUCAS
Settled in member
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC29 and NC35

Post by LUCAS » Sat Mar 06, 2010 8:39 pm

Durka Durka wrote:I know this was asking for a jetting guide, but just an update on my jetting shinannigans for anyone interested. I installed the 107.5s and the bike seems to like these, it appears to me on a short 1 hour run, no bogging low down with only a smidge sometimes at a steady 2-1/2 thou, so maybe I need to go up one more size (110?) just to finish it off. Also the bike pullls cleanly right through the rev range getting stronger with no apparent holes and a very clean uptake. The best its run since I put this new system on. I might go to my local bike meet at Nissan tomorrow, where I have heard theres one of them Dyno rolling road thingys.. see if Im getting things right now. Ohh its also starting much better now, touch wood.
Good to hear you are getting things sorted as you said its not been right since fitting the new system. Let us all know how the dyno run goes :P A readout would be nice to see ;)

royster81
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: VFR400R-L NC30 CBR400RR-R NC29

Post by royster81 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:46 pm

so dave, when you opened the carbs what jets did you have in there, what was it doing and you put in 107.5 ( i had been told these can also be the same as hondas 108's ) so what difference did it make.
It's not having what you want but wanting what you've got....Loud ,Proud and Modified ....

Davez29
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC29 forever

Post by Davez29 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:09 pm

Hi, I had the standard 105s for the R type Gullarm which worked fine until I added a new system, where in everything just did not seem right, starting up and low down power was worse but left it really just plodding on over the cold weather not sure what to do next as I tried most advise, hence the last resort jetting, which I know nowt about..

I have everything standard apart from aftermarket exhaust as mentioned. The difference it made, Theres just a tad stuttering sometimes at low revs now and Im contemplating going the next size up just to see if that clears whats left, as an aside, perhaps with some double checking of settings and those size up jets, that it now pulls like a train and goes like the preverbial rocket! That much so I had a hard time keeping my little hands on the bars, thats the way it used to be when I first got the bike, wasnt sure if I was just getting used to it but no, it does still goes like that now. My mate who was following on a MV 750 nearly crapped when I passed him, he never seen me pull away like that and commented its one fast little bike. Grins.

luck not expertise plays a part again.