NC23 Project (Ive bitten off more than I can chew)

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
LozVTR
Settled in member
Reactions:
NC23 Project (Ive bitten off more than I can chew)

Post by LozVTR » Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:48 am

Hi everyone,
Some of you may remember that I started a project NC23 a while back. This was my first project and it was going well. Due to 2009 being a hectic year, getting married, buying house, no time or money. The 23 has stood redundant for a while now, heres the original post:
http://www.400greybike.info/newforum/vi ... =26&t=2435" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The problem now is ive not got a clue where to pick it back up from. I made the amateur mistake of ripping the bike to bits and now ive not got a clue what goes where and to be honest ive lost all inspiration to find out....lol

The idea of the bike is now a track only bike so no road gear, so what im thinking is.....

Do I break the bike and sell off all of the bits (apart from things like brake discs, stainless exhaust etc) and try to make enough money to buy a running nc23 which is in need of cosmetic and a few minor mechanical bits, or do I try to plod on with this bike?
To be honest all I will need is a running Nc23, it doesnt need fairing or road gear but I think il be abit more enthusiastic if I do one small job at a time rather than pulling the whole thing apart and then thinking...s**t where does that bit go.

Any thoughts, words of wisdom or anyone knowing of a running nc23 going cheap???

cheers
Loz

CMSMJ1
Moderators
Moderators
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC30-No9
Re: NC23 Project (Ive bitten off more than I can chew)

Post by CMSMJ1 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:25 pm

it is easy to put one back together.... get stuck in!! Just takes some time..get a rolling chassis and then fit the motor and from there on in you are rocking :ugeek:
IMPERATOR REX ANGLORUM

The V4 is the law..

NC30 - No9 - my old mate

chrisja2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: nc29 trackbike

Post by chrisja2 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:38 pm

Loz, i thought the same this time last year when i first stripped a bike down. Like Mark says, get your rolling chassis together then its just one small job after another, you will also feel great after youve done it! Then once you have done it, you will find it easier to do again. Go on, go for it, youve got all the help you need on the forum. Im in the process of putting my track nc29 back together, heres the link if it any use....... http://www.400greybike.info/newforum/vi ... =28&t=5075" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Good luck

Chris.

CMSMJ1
Moderators
Moderators
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC30-No9

Post by CMSMJ1 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:41 pm

http://www.400greybike.info/newforum/vi ... php?t=5824" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I did it from scratch.... once you get a chassis rolling you are in..
IMPERATOR REX ANGLORUM

The V4 is the law..

NC30 - No9 - my old mate

racesupplies
Familiar Member
Reactions:

Post by racesupplies » Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:37 pm

Get everything clean,lay it out and make a start.Get a manual so you know roughly what you are looking at,and do a bit each evening.When you get stuck ask on here.Buying something else would probably be more of the same.This lot will know anything you need.Go on,get in there!

Jedi
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by Jedi » Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:54 am

What sort of money would you be looking for if you sold it as a job lot as it is right now? I'm after a project NC23 to build up and fit a Tyga kit to so I wouldn't need the plastics or front lights.

LozVTR
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by LozVTR » Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:58 pm

cheers guys,
Ive got a mate of mine who is rebuilding a 23 coming over wednesday night to get me motivated again....im guna have another stab at it and see how I get on.

Il carry on posting on my old thread. cheers

racesupplies
Familiar Member
Reactions:

Post by racesupplies » Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:01 pm

Stick with it mate.If you do it yourself you will be more pleased with it in the end.

Jas RVF
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: RVF400, BMW S1000r

Post by Jas RVF » Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:22 pm

racesupplies wrote:Stick with it mate.If you do it yourself you will be more pleased with it in the end.
As RS says stay with it, and you will know every inch or should that be cm. :weed: :grin:
The older I get the faster I was.

cbr400rrn
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC29 CBR600F

Post by cbr400rrn » Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:32 pm

Get it done, you will think you are the dogs danglies when you have finished it