For the F3-TT nerds among us.

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
Cammo
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC30
Re: For the F3-TT nerds among us.

Post by Cammo » Wed Nov 11, 2009 6:35 am

RickOliver wrote:#1 bike is Very Nice - and also the genuine `missing link` in the NC24 - NC30 development progression...
Rick, more info on the 'missing links' in this thread:

http://www.400greybike.info/newforum/vi ... 22&t=13013" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"It's just a ride" Bill Hicks

Martin
Familiar Member
Reactions:
Bike owned: Street Cripple Arghhhh

Post by Martin » Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:23 am

I think it is Cam. The seat unit is deffo right, not sure about the fairing but the "enough stickers?" bike is all HRC panels. Upper mounts are right, seat mounts are right etc etc....Just wish I could find a pick of a works bike(did Honda even run one?) in the F3 manual colours. I'm convinced that when I do the red on the tank, seat and upper is gonna be more day glo red/orange like the RVF750 of the same year 90/91.
Too spensiff!!!

Cammo
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Cammo » Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:15 am

Martin wrote:I'm convinced that when I do the red on the tank, seat and upper is gonna be more day glo red/orange like the RVF750 of the same year 90/91.
Yeah, I hear ya mate, I also though some of the racing RC's were nearly orange in colour. I think that it should be honda 'fighting red(?)' on all these bikes, but I maybe camera flashes put it off a bit? Check out this thread for what they should look like compared to the pics you see taken at the Motegi honda museum:
http://www.400greybike.info/newforum/vi ... 23&t=13455" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I think it shows that the standard honda red is very different in different light.BTW, looking for a paintjob for that mint f3 copy bike of yours Martin? :?: :drool:

Damn it, I want to copy the whole look of that #1 rvf!! My dream bike list has just been upgraded, and this baby is in the top 3.... :geek:

I don't think I've seen a pic of a works F3 nc30 (1990+) paintjob anywhere? Apart from video games.... Bet we could all find one in no time if we could read Japanese!

Cammo
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Cammo » Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:19 am

Martin wrote:Just wish I could find a pick of a works bike(did Honda even run one?).
IMO they would have to mate, honda is pretty quick to try and stamp their author-a-tah on a race series. Especially since they must have invested millions of yen in development for works bike specials for the previous years!

The hunt continues! 8-)

Martin
Familiar Member
Reactions:
Bike owned: Street Cripple Arghhhh

Post by Martin » Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:28 pm

Stickshift wrote:
Martin wrote:I'm convinced that when I do the red on the tank, seat and upper is gonna be more day glo red/orange like the RVF750 of the same year 90/91.
I think it shows that the standard honda red is very different in different light.BTW, looking for a paintjob for that mint f3 copy bike of yours Martin? :?: :drool:

I don't think I've seen a pic of a works F3 nc30 (1990+) paintjob anywhere? Apart from video games.... Bet we could all find one in no time if we could read Japanese!
Exactly what I would like to do mate. This is the reason for the dayglo red thought. I know it's an RS250 but it's the era and it is the factory colours for that bike...

Too spensiff!!!

viper_biker
Moderators
Moderators
Reactions:
Bike owned: VFR400RR, CBR1000RR6

Post by viper_biker » Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:08 pm

Holy Jebus, those 250's are gorgeous :drool:
Ducati 916, not worth a carrott

Drunkn Munky
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC30 MC21 TZR FZR GSXR RG MITO

Post by Drunkn Munky » Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:33 pm

[quote="Stickshift"]Damn it, I want to copy the whole look of that #1 rvf!! My dream bike list has just been upgraded, and this baby is in the top 3.... :geek: quote]

Im with you on that one cam. Id do unmentionable things for a replica bodykit of that rvf :drool:

CRM
Admin NWAA
Admin NWAA
Reactions:

Post by CRM » Wed Nov 11, 2009 6:25 pm

Mr Standard gives the thumbs up for the 250 paintjobs :up:
Insert Signature Here

Drunkn Munky
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC30 MC21 TZR FZR GSXR RG MITO

Post by Drunkn Munky » Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:41 pm

Please excuse the lame request but can someone give me a quick rundown on the history of these models. Their RVF's yet they all look NC30 vfr based..... :? :? :?

Neosophist
Moderators
Moderators
Reactions:
Bike owned: CBR954

Post by Neosophist » Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:53 pm

Drunkn Munky wrote:Please excuse the lame request but can someone give me a quick rundown on the history of these models. Their RVF's yet they all look NC30 vfr based..... :? :? :?
The NC21/24 were based upon the 1985 RVF400 TTF3 bike.

The Bikes were good and won many races.

Indeed the Tricolour NC21/24's were based on the RVF
xivlia wrote:i dont go fast on this bike so really do not need a rear brake.. /
vic-vtrvfr wrote:Ask xivlia for help, he's tackled just about every problem u could think of...