finally it's started

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
monkeywithaplan
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC35 and NC30
Re: finally it's started

Post by monkeywithaplan » Mon May 12, 2008 6:10 pm

nice one dude. will have to get down and hear her roar soon :mrgreen: . any joy getting the rounded slides you were looking for?
Insisting on perfect safety is for people who don't have the balls to live in the real world. Mary Shafer, NASA Ames Dryden

Bikes don't leak oil, they mark their territory.

royster81
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: VFR400R-L NC30 CBR400RR-R NC29

Post by royster81 » Tue May 13, 2008 1:32 am

monkeywithaplan wrote: any joy getting the rounded slides you were looking for?
no joy as yet and i have pretty much given up on them,one member on the old site had a set for sale but never replied to my mail and i can't contact him now ( if someone could on my behalf i'd like that alot please)

call up anytime (just ring or text to make sure i'm still in ) to her this lil' baby purring,just need the last few bits to get it moving and stopping then it's track days ahoy.....

more pictures anyone (looking an excuse to use my camera ya see :D :D )
It's not having what you want but wanting what you've got....Loud ,Proud and Modified ....

viper_biker
Moderators
Moderators
Reactions:
Bike owned: VFR400RR, CBR1000RR6

Post by viper_biker » Tue May 13, 2008 1:46 am

royster81 wrote:more pictures anyone (looking an excuse to use my camera ya see :D :D )
viper_biker wrote:
royster81 wrote:anybody want more pictures ?
DUH!!! That's what a D40 is for, isn't it ;)
Ducati 916, not worth a carrott

royster81
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by royster81 » Wed May 14, 2008 1:23 am

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a297/ ... lcarbs.jpg

if you put your ear right up to the screen you can almost hear them.....
It's not having what you want but wanting what you've got....Loud ,Proud and Modified ....

Cammo
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC30

Post by Cammo » Wed May 14, 2008 7:33 am

royster81 wrote: what did you do with the rear head crankcase breather,i used a bit of garden hose and a round metal tin but that was only short term,i wanted to ask you what you have done
I use a breather similar to the hrc, but it doesn't return the oil to the engine (for no other reason than it's simpler without it). Make sure that your can has a large exit (hole) for the gas. Likewise check that your hose hasn't kinked, it looks to be blocking the breather in the pic!
royster81 wrote: what did you do for the over flow under the tank,the one that normally drips ontop of the airbox lid and emptys into a hose on the left hand side,the HRC manual uses a catch tank like the radiator ones but i'm just curious to see what you've done
Yeah mine has an overflow bottle the same as the radiator.
"It's just a ride" Bill Hicks

monkeywithaplan
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by monkeywithaplan » Wed May 14, 2008 8:07 am

you can always get the K&N type breathers to stick on instead of the hose.

think gareth has one? that looks the business
Insisting on perfect safety is for people who don't have the balls to live in the real world. Mary Shafer, NASA Ames Dryden

Acid
Settled in member
Reactions:
Bike owned: Rs125 Nc30 Cr500 Sm

Post by Acid » Fri May 16, 2008 1:34 am

Go to autoglass on boucher rd, ask for nathen and tell him you want a crankcase breather filter £6 (tell him karl sent you) ;)

or i could get ya one and throw it over (gives me an excuse to call up and drool on your garage floor).

Cammo
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC30

Post by Cammo » Fri May 16, 2008 3:01 am

Fitting a large breather tank (i.e. hrc style) will reduce the pumping losses of the engine. Edit: Mine is made out of pvc pipe with ends screwed on, works well.

A filter will do the job but you won't gain any of these pumping losses. There probably isnt much to gain, but every bit counts.
"It's just a ride" Bill Hicks

monkeywithaplan
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by monkeywithaplan » Sat May 24, 2008 11:17 am

was round the other day sussing this bad boy out and fcuking hell if she aint half loud.

like a werewolf thats just been kicked in the nuts while standing at the other side of the fence looking at the tasty people it cant eat...... type angry.

didnt have her above 7k and it deafened me, chocked me a bit too, but my resilliance from 2strokes let me continue :D .

it revs so clean and responsive. there is no split hair second response you would wait for on a standard 30 or 35
good quality workmanship on the carbs also

look forward to the dyno or track whichever you get to first. will be very interesting. though i would say going by how the noobs at honda/ballymena made a meal of my bike, and only because i had HRC slide springs(fcuk they did some complaining at that, i dont think they are good with anything above standard with the carbs), i would consider somewhere else, or leave it to a track day. bring your jets and needles down, and we all strip and sort bike out between sessions, and just take your notes of how it works.

royster81
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by royster81 » Sat May 24, 2008 7:51 pm

cheers man,i'm glad people see them and like them but i hope they run the bike well,i know what you mean about T7 setting it up but the best V4 tuners are on the mainland....this could prove more expensive than i first thought lol