Advice on ebay plastics

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
matty_boy
Settled in member
Reactions:
Bike owned: Fitness bike
Re: Advice on ebay plastics

Post by matty_boy » Mon May 05, 2008 6:37 am

I have a set that i am firring at the moment, i should get them finished next week, my tank has just been painted then the wheels powder coated

Eggy
Settled in member
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC30, XR250, CRM250

Post by Eggy » Mon May 05, 2008 8:39 am

Thanks for all your replys guys. BOSOZOKU, thats the scheme I prefer also, I'm a traditionalist (or old *astard) that can remember the glory days of the Rothmans Hondas, also it reminds me of one of my all time favourite bikes - The NS400 (though if I ever was to get an NS it would have to be in HRC colours - so sexy!). Are you going to copy a NS400 tank? How much is it roughly for a tank respray and who would you recommend do the job (I'm in the Staffordshire area UK)?

BOSOZOKU
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by BOSOZOKU » Mon May 05, 2008 8:45 am

Here it is so far, the mids need drilling and bolting as they just slip off :roll: there is a couple of pics of the missing mounts on the R/H lower and my solution to the missing bracket on the 'H' section.

The worst thing for me is the mids DO NOT line up with the upper cowl, I am going to warm this up and rebend it into shape.

Taking bike to the bodyshop this morning for tank painting so hopefully should be all done for the weekend.

crash bang ouch
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by crash bang ouch » Thu May 08, 2008 1:02 pm

i had trouble fitting mids as well,and the plastic is thin as well as the paint. but they ain't all bad

billnit
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: Not any more...

Post by billnit » Tue May 13, 2008 11:22 am

Ok,

Got my fairings from the parcelforce depot at the weekend and the photos are attached.

On the whole the job is good - just a bit disappointed about the cracks and scuffs that seem to have been suffered in transit.

Quickly put them on the bike and is clear that some dremel and hairdryer work will be required.

Will give a fuller post and more photos when i get a chance. Just need to get the paint matched and tank painted now....

http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/grangesid ... ansFairing
1996 Rothmans Rep RVF400 - 1997 Gilera Stalker 50 (soon to be "Malboro'd") - 2007 Honda Civic (manufacturer loyalty!!) - Audi A4 Avant S-line 2.0TDI - 1969 MGB GT

calirvf
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by calirvf » Tue May 13, 2008 7:05 pm

wow.. cant you contact the seller about those cracks? I can maybe accept the scuffs marks, but some of the cracks are very large and noticeable ( front cowling). They do look good from far away. :D

I was condidering picking a setup to be used for the track and for the street, but now I dont know if i should or not. :(

BOSOZOKU
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by BOSOZOKU » Thu May 15, 2008 8:04 am

billnit wrote:Ok,

Got my fairings from the parcelforce depot at the weekend and the photos are attached.

On the whole the job is good - just a bit disappointed about the cracks and scuffs that seem to have been suffered in transit.

Quickly put them on the bike and is clear that some dremel and hairdryer work will be required.

Will give a fuller post and more photos when i get a chance. Just need to get the paint matched and tank painted now....

http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/grangesid ... ansFairing

Who did you buy them from MOTOFAIRINGS or MC-9238 ?
If you got them from MOTOFAIRINGS email them and let them know about your problem, they will sort something out for you, as for the colours good luck, my local paint supplier told me never to come back after matching the paint (the blue was from a 1980's TOYOTA ? ) :o
You can see the finished article here spent abut 3 full days sorting the fitment and neatening them up but certainly worth the effort.

http://www.400greybike.cc/newforum/view ... f=16&t=385

Enjoy :)

billnit
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: Not any more...

Post by billnit » Thu May 15, 2008 7:35 pm

Yeah, got from motofairings.

In fairness, he is looking to make a claim from the courier and refund some cash to cover repairs.

Interesting note about the colour match! Will warn my paint man!

Expected a bit of work to line everything up and get it looking spot on, but still think its good value for money compared with repairing my battered old fairings and re-spraying...
1996 Rothmans Rep RVF400 - 1997 Gilera Stalker 50 (soon to be "Malboro'd") - 2007 Honda Civic (manufacturer loyalty!!) - Audi A4 Avant S-line 2.0TDI - 1969 MGB GT

calirvf
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by calirvf » Thu May 15, 2008 8:57 pm

Good to hear that the seller is willing to work with you. Please update us on the result with the seller. :mrgreen:

BOSOZOKU
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by BOSOZOKU » Thu May 15, 2008 9:48 pm

calirvf wrote:Good to hear that the seller is willing to work with you. Please update us on the result with the seller. :mrgreen:
I had some problems with mine and it was sorted out, they are OK if you are diplomatic and polite in the way you state the problem.