Rear Sprocket Nut

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
chrislb
Settled in member
Reactions:
Rear Sprocket Nut

Post by chrislb » Sun May 18, 2008 10:17 pm

Well time has come for me to replace my chain and sprockets, but wondering what size socket i need to take off the rear sprocket as its quite a big bugger!!

Cheers Guys!

monkeywithaplan
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC35 and NC30
Re: Rear Sprocket Nut

Post by monkeywithaplan » Sun May 18, 2008 10:23 pm

if you mean that super big ass one you would need a breaker bar for, then dont worry, that stays on. there are 6 14mm(i think) bolts holding it on. just unscrew that and off they come. then again, thats if you are talking about a NC30 or 35.
you never mentioned.

welcome to the site
Insisting on perfect safety is for people who don't have the balls to live in the real world. Mary Shafer, NASA Ames Dryden

Bikes don't leak oil, they mark their territory.

wullvfr
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: zx9r c1

Post by wullvfr » Sun May 18, 2008 10:26 pm

i presume you are maybe thinking of the hub nut which is 46mm.........the nuts that hold the sprocket on to the sprocket carrier are not relatively big,14mm at the most but i think they are either 10mm 0r 12mm......
the rear sprocket is held on by six nuts and the hub nut does not need to be touched to remove the rear sprocket....just the six nuts. :D :D
please,god,....give me the chance to prove that winning the lottery won't spoil me!!!

tarmac
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by tarmac » Mon May 19, 2008 1:22 pm

Mine are 12mm nuts on 8mm studs but I do have Ti Studs and Nuts so I'd guess it's either 12mm or 13mm.