race NC30 1992

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
randallbass
Settled in member
Reactions:
race NC30 1992

Post by randallbass » Sun May 18, 2008 12:15 pm

hey guys got my race bike home and took all the fairings off today and had a look around with the help of my manual and figured out whats what :)
anyways its got a HRC modded open airbox setup with carb jet sizes (didnt look at jet sizes although theres no flat spots, starts and revs easily and freely and spark plugs all look uniform so while its all good the carbs will stay together just drain them regulary :) :)
ok so now what do i look for, as in what simple mods are done on these bike for a race setup, like derestriction elec box or something. how are these restricted anyways is it air/fuel restriction of electrical restriction? and if so how do u get rid of it?.
i will take some photos of the setup tomorro hopefully so u guys can look and tell me what looks outa place or is missing :) cheers guys
Tim

royster81
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: VFR400R-L NC30 CBR400RR-R NC29
Re: race NC30 1992

Post by royster81 » Sun May 18, 2008 12:20 pm

fantasic we'll need some pictures of that set up ...

restriction is usually by a speed cut out at 180khp but if this has been a race bike before i do doubt it has it,only thing left to do is sort the suspension if it's not already done and keep sticky tyres and good fuel in it

oh and get some pictures up ....
It's not having what you want but wanting what you've got....Loud ,Proud and Modified ....

randallbass
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by randallbass » Sun May 18, 2008 12:43 pm

cool its not a full HRC brought setup its has just had the airbox removed and a new air intake scoop made up (i think) sounds awsome while giving it a little rev with the open air box hehe if its just speed restricted then if the spedo it disconnected then there shouldnt be a problem should there?? cause if the spedo ant there how does it know what speed im doin unless its also dependent on the revs and gear its in?
cheers Tim

royster81
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by royster81 » Sun May 18, 2008 12:56 pm

normally if the speedo is removed the bike will go into a limp mode and will only fire on 2 cylinders ,if the speedo bepass has been done then yes you are right you can do whatever speed you can get the thing up too

full spec or not i'd like to see whatevers done,i'm a sucker for images
It's not having what you want but wanting what you've got....Loud ,Proud and Modified ....

randallbass
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by randallbass » Sun May 18, 2008 1:12 pm

really? how do ya get around it goin limp (please read previous post lolz) just so i can check its been done correctly :)
and looks pretty cool just need to neaten up some electrical stuff and some hoses as there just cable tied in anywhere and is a horrible mess and i dun like it lolz i find it easier to work on something thats easy to follow lolz cheers

royster81
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by royster81 » Sun May 18, 2008 2:10 pm

usually the bike will have an m max box or the resistor mod to get around the no speed/180kmp speed limiter