Don't suppose anyone knows..

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
TTR
Settled in member
Reactions:
Don't suppose anyone knows..

Post by TTR » Thu May 08, 2008 1:04 am

.. Where I might obtain a new, or pattern collector box & front downpipes for my NC24?

Posted in the parts for sale/wanted section as well but if anyone knows anywhere that still stocks them, that'd be grand.

I've tried Silver - no luck there - just received a grammatically dire email stating that there are none in stock, and more are not available.

Fired off an email to Oldfield in Shirley, and Elliots up in Wiltshire. Waiting on responses, but besides bike jumbles, breakers and eBay - anywhere else I should be checking?

I heard Silver used to stock them a couple of years back, at about £100!

What would the cost of fabricating new parts come to, and what would I need to obtain/create in the way of designs or whatever? I can probably get a slightly discounted rate if I go down this route as I do happen to know-a-guy-who-knows-a-guy kinda thing..

Cheers

Thomas

jo
Moderators
Moderators
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC30
Re: Don't suppose anyone knows..

Post by jo » Mon May 12, 2008 9:54 pm

the BMF is on this weekend in Peterborough. Quite often you get NC24 spares on the autojumble. Do you want me to keep an eye out? If so how much are you willing to go up to? I have no idea what they're worth....
PM me if you want and let me know as I'll never remember unless you remind me!....

duncan
Settled in member
Reactions:
Re: Don't suppose anyone knows..

Post by duncan » Wed May 14, 2008 7:26 pm

If you cannot get hold of the proper NC24 system you can either get something fabricated or else use an NC21system and have a lower level silencer as I did