Empty forum

A place to bang on about subjects close to your heart that affect us all as 400cc riders. general banter is rife, however rudeness and abuse seem to be the norm, If a bit wet round the ears best go play elsewhere. Auto pruning of items 31 days and older
NGneer
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: x2 1991 NC30, x1 Matchless G80
Re: Empty forum

Post by NGneer » Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:29 pm

Please disregard my last ......... just found it has been amalgamated with the "Members bikes & rides" area :peace:

:rocks:

Neosophist
Moderators
Moderators
Reactions:
Bike owned: ZXR400 / VFR400

Post by Neosophist » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:51 pm

forums are for enthusiasts,

facebook is for anyone with an internet connection.. soap box free of charge.

as for this forum, i think Pauls idea of a consolidation is a good idea. especially with the drop in traffic.

how about just one workshop section / genearl section etc instead of one for each brand... most people that visit these days have owned pretty much everything or might have some knowledge to look into it.

A general "workshop" might be too big? perhaps

Workshop --> Mechanical --> Electrical --> Other

Thoughts?
xivlia wrote:i dont go fast on this bike so really do not need a rear brake.. /
vic-vtrvfr wrote:Ask xivlia for help, he's tackled just about every problem u could think of...

manicguitarist
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: RVF400 (NC35)

Post by manicguitarist » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:54 pm

Is funding the forum an issue? I’m happy to contribute. Could run it through my company.

CRM
Admin NWAA
Admin NWAA
Reactions:

Post by CRM » Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:10 pm

manicguitarist wrote:Is funding the forum an issue? I’m happy to contribute. Could run it through my company.
No - not at all but thanks for the offer
Insert Signature Here

CRM
Admin NWAA
Admin NWAA
Reactions:

Post by CRM » Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:12 pm

Neosophist wrote:forums are for enthusiasts,

facebook is for anyone with an internet connection.. soap box free of charge.

as for this forum, i think Pauls idea of a consolidation is a good idea. especially with the drop in traffic.

how about just one workshop section / genearl section etc instead of one for each brand... most people that visit these days have owned pretty much everything or might have some knowledge to look into it.

A general "workshop" might be too big? perhaps

Workshop --> Mechanical --> Electrical --> Other

Thoughts?
yarp keep the suggestions coming, i cleaned a bit up already.
i did look into upgrading to board earlier - failed at the first hurdle as PHP is too bloody old lol
So small baby steps it will be
Insert Signature Here

manicguitarist
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: RVF400 (NC35)

Post by manicguitarist » Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:21 pm

CRM wrote:
manicguitarist wrote:Is funding the forum an issue? I’m happy to contribute. Could run it through my company.
No worries. The offer stands though if you change your mind down the line. I wouldn’t want any control or privileges, just to keep the site going. bighug

cbr400rrn
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: CBR400RRN CBR600F SP2

Post by cbr400rrn » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:14 pm

manicguitarist wrote:
CRM wrote:
No worries. The offer stands though if you change your mind down the line. I wouldn’t want any control or privileges, just to keep the site going. bighug
And this is why i love 400greybike :rocks:

Foxy400
Settled in member
Reactions:
Bike owned: RVF400 CBR900FireBlade XS400

Post by Foxy400 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:17 am

How about keeping the V4 and CBR sections pretty much as they are, because they seem to be used the most, and consolidate the other 400's (some areas of which haven't been touched for months) into one section? So there would be V4, CBR and 'the rest'. Hope I haven't offended you Yammy, Suzi and Kwak owners!

Not sure about the comment from Neo that most people who visit (the forum) have owned pretty much everything. I'd be surprised and I certainly haven't!

Neosophist
Moderators
Moderators
Reactions:
Bike owned: ZXR400 / VFR400

Post by Neosophist » Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:58 pm

Foxy400 wrote:How about keeping the V4 and CBR sections pretty much as they are, because they seem to be used the most, and consolidate the other 400's (some areas of which haven't been touched for months) into one section? So there would be V4, CBR and 'the rest'. Hope I haven't offended you Yammy, Suzi and Kwak owners!

Not sure about the comment from Neo that most people who visit (the forum) have owned pretty much everything. I'd be surprised and I certainly haven't!
i think most of the people that provide regular answers have been through a fair few of them... at least :P
xivlia wrote:i dont go fast on this bike so really do not need a rear brake.. /
vic-vtrvfr wrote:Ask xivlia for help, he's tackled just about every problem u could think of...

Variablevalves suck
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: GSXR Carb o'ring kits supplied

Post by Variablevalves suck » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:53 pm

Like other people say I don't get on here much these days due to being very old and so dam busy but Paul and the regular members should get medals.

Made this one of the friendliest and most informative forums on the planet.

It's been a great place to learn and also help people out, had some amazing days out and met hardcore 400 cc owners that put heart and soul in to their bikes and tother helping other people with theirs.

Hats off to you all.

Return to “General Discussion”