This is the end...

A place to bang on about subjects close to your heart that affect us all as 400cc riders. general banter is rife, however rudeness and abuse seem to be the norm, If a bit wet round the ears best go play elsewhere. Auto pruning of items 31 days and older
Speedy
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: RVF400RR, ER6n
This is the end...

Post by Speedy » Mon Mar 21, 2022 6:23 pm

...of my membership on this forum and ownership of my RVF400! :cry:

I am sorry to hear the forum will become read only soon, but I guess (a bit like my decision to sell the RVF) it's been a long time coming.

I can imagine it takes a good deal of time and money to keep this place going and it's largely thanks to Paul's efforts and dedication it lasted this long!
My thanks to you Sir; it's been a great many years of enjoyable membership!
Many have come and left soon after, others been here since the NC30 forum days; regardless, the content has been excellent for the most part!

I've enjoyed chatting, dealing and following some of the members posts and even meeting some of you! bighug

I shall bid you all farewell and wish you all good luck with your rides.

Ride safe!

P.s. One final pic of the RVF:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
When the mind is relaxed, the body will go faster! 8-)

cbr400rrn
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC29 CBR600F
Re: This is the end...

Post by cbr400rrn » Mon Mar 21, 2022 8:34 pm

Hiya Speedy, why the decision to finally sell after everything done to the bike. Although now maybe a good time to sell with the prices of second hand bikes at the highest they have been for a hell of a long while

CMSMJ1
Moderators
Moderators
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC30-No9

Post by CMSMJ1 » Wed Mar 23, 2022 4:41 pm

Hey Speedy,

Aye - beena good ride.

I'm going to get No9 back into road trim and take some chilled rides on him later in the summer.
IMPERATOR REX ANGLORUM

The V4 is the law..

NC30 - No9 - my old mate

Speedy
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Speedy » Wed Mar 23, 2022 7:06 pm

cbr400rrn wrote:
Mon Mar 21, 2022 8:34 pm
Hiya Speedy, why the decision to finally sell after everything done to the bike. Although now maybe a good time to sell with the prices of second hand bikes at the highest they have been for a hell of a long while
Hi, to be honest, I've been thinking about it for a few years now; but this bike "has a hold on me" like no other! :smile:
But I'm finally fed up of seeing it in the shed, left unused year after year. :cry:
Basically, the RVF has been locked up ever since I bought a car 7 years ago - even the ER6 rarely gets used now (in time, that will be sold off too!) - I plan on moving back to Portugal in the next couple of years. I did think about exporting both bikes, but it's a major headache (especially the RVF) and financially it's hardly worth it.

Of late, I've also been tempted by Triumph and can see myself exploring the Portuguese roads on one when the time comes; I'll have more time then.

Over the last few days, I've been cataloging all of the spares I have collected over the years and I feel good about it; so i think I am ready to let it go!
It is time someone else enjoys it too! 8-)

Speedy
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Speedy » Wed Mar 23, 2022 7:10 pm

CMSMJ1 wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 4:41 pm
Hey Speedy,

Aye - beena good ride.

I'm going to get No9 back into road trim and take some chilled rides on him later in the summer.
I've had some great rides on my RVF too, but it now needs some TLC before I can sell it and someone else can then ride it in the summer!

Suzuki416
Familiar Member
Reactions:
Bike owned: 3 x NC35, 3x NC24, NC29, RC46

Post by Suzuki416 » Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:40 pm

I have zero intention of selling my 7 400's but you never know what happens. as a side note I got one of the RVF's out at the weekend & it started up on the button after a year layover. I put fuel stabiliser (sta-bil) in all my bikes tanks before putting away.

Foxy400
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC35 NC29 Bonneville XS400

Post by Foxy400 » Sun Mar 27, 2022 2:48 pm

How about joining the new 400 forum?

cbr400rrn
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC29 CBR600F

Post by cbr400rrn » Sun Mar 27, 2022 10:32 pm

The post above and i have already joined the 400cc forum thanks foxy400 http://forum.400cc.fr/index.php?sid=1ad ... d080f80bfe

Zippy
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Zippy » Mon Jun 13, 2022 11:44 pm

Noooooo Speedy, you can’t sell it.