Greetings

A place to bang on about subjects close to your heart that affect us all as 400cc riders. general banter is rife, however rudeness and abuse seem to be the norm, If a bit wet round the ears best go play elsewhere. Auto pruning of items 31 days and older
Motojack91
Settled in member
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC30 2xZXR400 FZR600 GSXR1000
Re: Greetings

Post by Motojack91 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:50 am

The XS sounds ideal and I’d have it if my bank account was a bit healthier - but my budget is really low I was literally looking for a really cheap thing under £500.
I’ve never done them routes in the lakes I’ll have to head up there. Applecross wasn’t particularly challenging, the worsed was the main road onto Skye.. a lovely road but I’ve never been in winds like it - was horrific there. Even cars were blown off the road

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Foxy400
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC35 NC29 Bonneville XS400
Re: Greetings

Post by Foxy400 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 5:54 pm

We had high winds going through Glencoe. We came across a car off the road, on it's side, with a young couple standing next to it looking bewildered. We stopped but they said help was on it's way. Crossing the Severn Bridge was also tricky, trying to keep the bike in one lane. Maybe l need a heavier bike..or eat more pies :lol:

You probably know J&S, out past Northwich, on the Chester road. I was there last weekend. Pretty busy. It was good to see the cafe has reopened and they've got a lot more outside seating. I was on the NC35 and in my opinion it was one of the best looking bikes there. A few people gave it more than a quick glance, I bet one or two were wondering if it was the '45. I can't get excited about the angular look of many of the modern Jap sports bikes, although there were a couple of lovely Ducatis and an Aprilia. Just been looking at a Ducati 900SS, still just about affordable, but one of the others would have to go.