Mc19

A place to bang on about subjects close to your heart that affect us all as 400cc riders. general banter is rife, however rudeness and abuse seem to be the norm, If a bit wet round the ears best go play elsewhere. Auto pruning of items 31 days and older
Dynamohum
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Mc19

Post by Dynamohum » Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:42 am

Been offered an mc19 cbr250 very cheaply seller has it running from a gravity feed (fuel pump failure)
Fairing missing original pipes etc kind of swithering over buying it as a project but have my doubts over parts availability in uk for these .
Question is are a lot of nc23 parts in common with these bikes ? Any thoughts on is it worth the hassle buying guys thanks.

squirrel_hunter
Familiar Member
Reactions:
Re: Mc19

Post by squirrel_hunter » Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:26 pm

I believe it does share some parts with the NC23 but I've never looked in detail as to which ones these are and of course there will be some generic parts that are shared across lots of models. It depends on what parts you are looking for and if you are looking new or used. My advise would be to look at the parts fiche from somewhere like CMSNL and then cross reference the part part number that you are looking at.

As for if you should, my gut reaction is yes. However if you don't want it, please send me the details as I could be interested in it...

davlr
Settled in member
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC30 35 23 APRILIA RS!

Post by davlr » Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:34 am

From my ownership of an nc23 and having a mate who is building an mc19, I can say with a lot of confidence that very little is changeable beyond the lights and a few generic bolts. Everything is smaller in every department.

Variablevalves suck
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: GSXR Carb o'ring kits supplied

Post by Variablevalves suck » Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:49 pm

I agree with not many parts fitting, I've had a gsxr250 alongside a 400 and they were very different so would think the Honda would be worse as suzuki are kings of part sharing.

Dynamohum
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Dynamohum » Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:05 am

squirrel_hunter wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:26 pm
I believe it does share some parts with the NC23 but I've never looked in detail as to which ones these are and of course there will be some generic parts that are shared across lots of models. It depends on what parts you are looking for and if you are looking new or used. My advise would be to look at the parts fiche from somewhere like CMSNL and then cross reference the part part number that you are looking at.

As for if you should, my gut reaction is yes. However if you don't want it, please send me the details as I could be interested in it...
I've emailed details to you .

hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by hunter » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:42 pm

Dynamohum wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:05 am
squirrel_hunter wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:26 pm

I've emailed details to you .
If squirrel_hunter doesn't have this i'm interested.

squirrel_hunter
Familiar Member
Reactions:

Post by squirrel_hunter » Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:54 pm

I'm out. Distance is prohibitive for me.

hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by hunter » Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:59 am

squirrel_hunter wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:54 pm
I'm out. Distance is prohibitive for me.
In that case can i have the details please.
Thanks.

Return to “General Discussion”